UW-Green Bay seniors earn Chancellor’s Medallions, University Leadership Awards
Eight graduating UW-Green Bay seniors will be honored Friday, Dec. 12 with Chancellor’s Medallions, recognizing sustained academic and community achievement throughout their UW-Green Bay careers.
The students will receive the honor during the semi-annual University Leadership Awards program Dec. 12 and will wear the medallions during commencement ceremonies Saturday, Dec. 13. Another 11 students will receive University Leadership Awards during the Dec. 12 program, recognizing them as graduating seniors who have contributed to the growth and development of a student organization or who have exhibited a commitment to community service, while remaining in good academic standing.
The Chancellor’s Medallion recipients, their hometowns and majors are as follows:
• Kristine Alvarez, Two Rivers, Political Science and Public Administration
• Heather Boeckman, De Pere, Biology
• Taa Egli, Monroe, Education
• Jordan Grapentine, Appleton, Psychology and Human Development
• Florencia Gutierrez, Green Bay, Accounting
• Hatsuho Iwamoto, Hiroshima, Japan, Human Biology
• Ella Niehaus, Rothschild, Education
• Samantha Stelzl, Appleton, English
The University Leadership Award recipients are as follows: Emily Bjerstedt, Sarah Clark, Kelsey Hapner, Kaelee Heideman, Erin Kaye, Stefanie Ogea, Nicole Phillips, Jesus Rascon, Lisa Simonis, Rebecca Vitale, Kelsey Votis.
UW-Green Bay December commencement will take place at 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 13 at the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts on campus, 2420 Nicolet Drive. More information is available at www.uwgb.edu/commencement.