UW-Green Bay Theatre and Dance presents ‘Silent Sky’ April 25-28, 2018
GREEN BAY –University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Theatre presents the play Silent Sky by Lauren Gunderson at 7:30 p.m. Apr. 25 to 28, 2018 in the University Theatre, Theatre Hall.
Gunderson is the most produced living playwright in America. Her play is based on a true story of an early-1900’s astronomer Henrietta Leavitt (Wisconsin) who explores a woman’s place in society during a time of immense scientific discoveries, when women’s ideas were dismissed until men claimed credit for them. Henrietta Leavitt and her female peers were dedicated to social and scientific progress. Cast:
- Henrietta Leavitt is played by Guinevere Casper, junior, West Bend, WI
- Margaret Leavitt is played by Bianca Rayne, freshman, New Holstein, WI
- Peter Shaw is played by Matt Beecher, junior, Milwaukee, WI
- Annie Cannon is played by Emily Ahrens, senior, Roscoe, IL
- Williamina Fleming is played by Laker Thrasher, sophomore, Montello, WI
The play will be directed by UW-Green Bay Associate Prof. John Mariano.
Tickets for adults are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. Senior citizens and students are $15 in advance and $17 at the door. UW-Green Bay students and alumni tickets are $10. Group rates are available. Tickets can be purchased online at www.weidnercenter.com, online at all Ticker Star locations, including walk-up or by phone at the Union Ticketing and Information Center, on campus 920-465-2400. The venue box office opens 90 minutes prior to the performance.
In the photo, Guinevere Casper and Matthew Beecher.