HR: Mark your calendars for campus ‘how-to’ sessions
Mark your calendars for the following informational sessions on services, user tips and resources of interest to UW-Green Bay faculty and staff. The mini-seminars cover a range of topics — from IT issues and budget/purchasing questions to records management and understanding high-risk student behaviors — and will be led by campus experts. You are welcome to attend one, some or all of the following:
Tuesday, Jan. 31 (morning):
• Information Security – David Kieper will discuss what the “bad guys” on the internet want to steal from you and what you should do to prevent this from happening.
• Information Services – Find out what the Learning Technology Center, Media Services, and the Help Desk can offer you.
• Institutional Support Services – Learn about the services Institutional Support can provide for you (purchasing, P-cards, contracting, accounts payable, mail services, receiving, and surplus).
• Travel Expense Reports – Cheryl Pieper will cover how to use TERs, and some common mistakes when completing them.
Friday, Feb. 3 (afternoon):
• University Union – Hear about event planning, room reservations, catering, marketing and promotion.
• Records Management – Deb Anderson will review the basics of records management, and give an overview for our campus.
• The Cofrin Library – Your Guide to Answers – Renee Ettinger will discuss what the library has to offer including information on collections, services, genealogy, historical research, borrowing from other libraries, and research assistance.
• Safe Bystander Behavior – Marlene Regan will focus on how to become more aware of the possible risks associated with high-risk drinking (or high-risk behaviors) among our students and what steps can result in a meaningful intervention.
Details regarding these workshops will be emailed to you soon. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or ext. 2390 if you have any questions.