UW-Green Bay students showcase Opera and Musical Theatre talents
GREEN BAY – University of Wisconsin-Green Bay music students will showcase their talents during a pair of Opera and Musical Theatre Workshop concerts at 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16 in the Jean Weidner Theatre of the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. Admission is free and open to the public.
Associate Prof. Sarah Meredith Livingston (Music) will direct the concert, which will feature performances by UW-Green Bay students, and musical accompaniment by pianist Pam Heiser.
The pre-intermission line-up:
- “Give My Regards to Broadway” from the musical Little Johnny Jones by George M. Cohan with Aaron Frye presenting the role of Johnny Jones
- “Villa” from The Merry Widow, by Franz Lehar with Heather Roberts featured as Hannah
- “Duet” from The Merry Widow with Acacia Angelo playing the role of Hannah, and Logan Gruszinski playing Danilo.
- “Anything Goes” from the musical Anything Goes performed by Brooke Tupa
- “Doin’ What Comes Naturally” from Annie Get Your Gun by Irving Berlin, performed by Taylor Casperson
- “Lonesome Dove Duet” from the musical Down in The Valley, with McKenzie Reimann as Jennie and Aaron Frye as Brack.
- The one-act opera Amahl and the Night Visitors by Gian Carlo Menotti featuring Brooke Tupa as The Mother, Daniel Taddy as Kaspar, Logan Gruszinski as Melchior, and Jordan Sisel as Balthazar
- The Ballad of Baby Doe quintet with Heather Roberts will playing the role of Augusta, while Acacia Angelo, Hailey Maurer, Ashley Gutting and Taylor Casperson play friend 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively.
- “Willkommen” with Julie Vandermeersch as The MC
- “By My Side” from the musical Godspell performed by Ashley Gutting as Gilmer and Marisa Slempkes as Peggy.
- “Duet” in The Fantasticks by Harvey Schmidt and Tom Jones featuring McKenzie Reimann as Luisa and Daniel Taddy as Matt.
- “Bring Him Home” from Les Miserables performed with Logan Gruszinkski playing Valgean.
- Marsha Norman and Lucy Simon’s “How Could I Know” from the Secret Garden with Acacia Angelo performing Lily.
- “The Wolf’s Aria,” with Jordan Sisel performing as The Wolf.
- “Once Upon a Dream” from Jekyll and Hyde performed by Ashley Gutting.
- “Who Will Love Me as I am?” from Side Show with Violet performed by McKenzie Reimann and Daisy by Hailey Maurer.
- “Chorus” from Rent by Jonathan Larson performed by the full cast.
UW-Green Bay is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. More information is available online at www.uwgb.edu/music.