WiSys announces grant writing webinar series
WiSys encourages UW System grantseekers to “Sharpen Your Grant Writing Skills” through the nonprofit’s 10-part grant writing webinar series. The live webinars, hosted by grant writing experts Jeremy Miner, WiSys regional research administrator, and Deborah Lundin, WiSys’ pre-award manager of sponsored programs, include:
- Funding Opportunities for Your Teaching, Research and Scholarship,
Oct. 3 , 2-2:45 p.m.
- Funding Focus: The National Science Foundation’s Major Research Instrumentation (MRI) Program, Oct. 9, 12-12:45 p.m.
- Budget Building Fundamentals, Nov. 7, 2-2:45 p.m.
- The Timeline From Great Idea to Project Execution, Nov. 13 , 12-12:45 p.m.
- Analyzing RFPs for Sponsor Hot Buttons, Dec. 5, 2-2:45 p.m.
- Searching for Non-Federal Grant Funding, Feb. 6, 2-2:45 p.m.
- Funding Focus: The National Science Foundation’s Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER), Feb. 12 , 12-12:45 p.m.
- Improving Your Odds for Success, Even Before Writing Your Application
March 5, 2-2:45 p.m.
- Common Grant Writing Pitfalls, March 11, 12-12:45 p.m.
- Goals, Objectives & Outcomes: The “GOO” that Holds a Proposal Together, April 2, 2-2:45 p.m.
The webinar series is a product of WiSys’ Pre-Award Program (PreP). The program aims to educate and coach faculty grantseekers, strengthen campus research culture and grow research administrator capacities. To register and read full descriptions of the webinars, visit wisys.org/grants/webinars.
WiSys is a nonprofit organization that works with faculty, staff, students and alumni of the UW System to facilitate cutting-edge research programs, develop and commercialize discoveries and foster a spirit of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking across the state.