Highlights: UW-Green Bay Theatre and Dance
Included in yesterday’s Weidner Center 2016-17 season reveal was a sneak peek of UW-Green Bay music, theatre and dance 2016-17 performances. Here are just a few:
UW-Green Bay Music:
- Handel’s Messiah, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 3
(With audience participation, this year)
- Jazz Fest 47, 6 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28
- Metropolis, 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 28
Featuring a new film score by UWGB Associate Prof. Michelle McQuade Dewhirst and student performances led by Professors Kevin Collins and Randall Meder.
UWGB Theatre and Dance:
- Play Nice! 7:30 p.m. Oct. 13-15 and 19-22, Jean Weidner Theatre
Directed by Prof. Laura Riddle
- Searching for Romeo, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 17-19, University Theatre
Book, music and lyrics by UWGB Prof. Brian Sutton; directed by John Mariano; musical direction by Courtney Sherman and Choreography by Denise Carlson Gardner.
- The Importance of Being Earnest, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23-25 and March 1-2
Directed by John Mariano.
- Danceworks, April 1 and 2, University Theatre
Artistic direction by Denise Carlson-Gardner.