SGA, leadership promote ‘TurboVote’ tool to fellow students

Vanya Koepke, president of the UW-Green Bay Student Government Association, sent an email Wednesday to all students announcing a partnership with Wisconsin Campus Compact and the United States Student Association to promote a digital nonprofit called TurboVote. The site ( promises a free, one-stop place to register to vote in person or absentee, and “get reminders in advance of Election Day.”

Koepke’s email to students also included a number of FAQs:

* If you have changed addresses since you last registered to vote, you need to re-register at your current address! You check to see if you are registered at your current address at

* You can absolutely vote at your current school address so long as you are 18 and a citizen of the United States, and will have been living at your address for at least 28 days prior to Election Day.

*  A new state law requires you to print out a proof of residence when you mail in your voter registration form. You can access your proof of residence by going to your SIS account and locating the enrolment verification form.

* You may have heard a lot of people talking about Voter ID in the last few weeks and probably have some questions. If you have a Wisconsin Driver’s license of Wisconsin State ID card, make sure to bring that to the polls with you on Election Day. It can be used as a Voter ID even if it does not have your current campus address. If you are an out of state student, you can still absolutely vote in Wisconsin if you bring one of these documents ( or by picking up a free student Voter ID card at the University Ticketing and Information Center (U-TIC).

You may also like...