University hosts vet benefit 'Open House' Sept. 20
UW-Green Bay will host a campus and community open house on the topic of veterans benefits on Monday, Sept. 20. The event will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the University Union’s Cloud Commons.
UW-Green Bay staff member and veterans benefit specialist Elaina Koltz says a similar event last year was highly successful, especially in clarifying eligibility for veterans’ dependents who were in many cases not fully aware of the programs available.
Information at the Sept. 20 open house will include:
- GI Bills (Wisconsin and/or Federal Post-9/11 & Montgomery)
- VA Health Care, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Veterans Education Reimbursement Grants (VetEd)
- Filing a Claim with the Federal VA
- Employment Services
- Wisconsin Veterans Loans (Personal, Home Improvement and Mortgage Loans)
For more information, contact Elaina Koltz, veterans coordinator for UW-Green Bay, at (920) 465-2065; or Gerry Polus, Brown County Veterans Service Officer, (920) 448-4450; or the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (1-800-WIS-VETS).