Hats off to the custodians, HVAC specialists and staff of Facilities Management and Public Safety for their rapid response — and hard work — in the wake of Monday morning’s indoor rainstorm on the first floor of the Cofrin Library. Water from a broken pipe soaked ceiling tiles and rained down on carpet, flooring and chairs near the Garden Cafe. Housekeeping crews had most of the mess cleaned up within hours, although large drying fans were still in place a day later. It is believed that malfunctioning fresh-air intakes failed to properly regulate the amount of bitter-cold air drawn into the system, leading to cracks in the water-filled “pre-heating” pipes supplemental to the larger heating/cooling ducts. David Jones of Public Safety captured the flood scene in a snapshot.