“In honor of the #uwgblove campaign this week, the Student Employment Office encourages all supervisors to “spread the love” and nominate an outstanding student employee! It is a great way to show your appreciation and your love for the work performed by our student employees across campus! Nominations are due by 4:30 pm this Friday, February 14. Visit www.uwgb.edu/student-employment/seoty/overview.asp for more information and to complete a nomination form. Call Diana Delbecchi with any questions 920-465-2556.”
The annual Student Employee of the Year awards ceremony takes place at 3:30p.m. today (Monday, April 18) in Phoenix Room B of the University Union. All are welcome to applaud the nominees and award winner. Also, be sure to pick up a “We Appreciate Our Student Employees” button and remember the various fun activities (free ice cream, treats, prizes, etc.) planned for Appreciation Week. Details in our previous post.
Staff member Dina Delbecchi informs us that the nomination process is complete and a total of 13 outstanding student employees are in the running for this year’s Student Employee of the Year Award to be presented in a campus ceremony on Monday, April 16.
• John David Arendt was nominated by John Katers for his work in the office of Natural and Applied Sciences.
• Brittany Brocker was nominated by Karen Sevick for her work as the student office assistant for the Financial Aid/Student Employment Office.
• Amber Drephal was nominated by Poppy Grant for her role as a building manager for the University Union.
• Kristi Edminster was nominated by Jennifer Mokren and Emily Rogers for her work as a studio assistant/student reference assistant in the Department for Art and Visual Design & Cofrin Library.
• Ellyn Hansen was nominated by Mike Kline of the Kress Events Center for her role as an academic tutor.
• Logan Hendricks was nominated by Adam Halfmann for his role as student marketing and promotions coordinator with the Athletics Department.
• Brittany Jameson was nominated by LuAnn Wickeham for her work in the Student Billing/Bursar Office as student assistant.
• Jessie LaCanne was nominated by Deb Anderson from Special Collections for her role as student manager.
• Brandon Langer was nominated by Kimberly Vlies for his role as student graphic designer in Marketing and University Communication.
• Amy Lynn Manske was nominated by Brenda Amenson-Hill for her work as the Dean of Student’s office assistant.
• Chelsea Schettle was nominated by Jolene Truckenbrod for her work as the human resources assistant in the Office of Human Resources.
• Ariel Weishoff was nominated by Jan Malchow in the Nursing Department for her role as student marketing and office assistant.
• Mai Kha Yang was nominated by Chris Terrien and Katie Stilp for her role as office assistant in the Department of Community Sciences.
All nominees will be honored, and the winner announced, at the April 16 awards ceremony. The event will kick off this year’s Student Employee Appreciation Week. Learn fun ways to appreciate your student employees.
Nominations are due next week Friday, Feb. 17! Now is the time to nominate the student employee in your department who shows outstanding reliability, initiative, professionalism, quality of work, and provides a distinct contribution to the workplace. Just being nominated is a resume boost for the student. Nominations should go to Diana Delbecchi, Financial Aid and Student Employment Office. To submit a nomination, click here.