The University has partnered with Prevea Health to provide health and wellness support to UW-Green Bay students. Beginning July 1, 2020, the Counseling and Health Center will be renamed The UW-Green Bay Wellness Center and will remain in Student Services (SS1400) on the Green Bay Campus. The same counseling staff and services students have come to know and trust will remain within The UW-Green Bay Wellness Center.
During the academic year, there will be extended hours of care: open through 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. After July 1, 2020, The Wellness Center will be closed due to COVID-19 for the safety of our staff and students. On-campus medical services will resume on August 17, 2020. In addition, Prevea Health will also provide medical care to students in the Marinette, Manitowoc and Sheboygan communities.
- Students will continue to receive lab services and prescriptions at reduced costs;
- Students will have the ability to have their health care fees billed to their insurance carrier or self-pay at time of service (Prevea Health is an in-network provider within many insurance networks);
- There will be more types of prescriptions available for dispensing on campus;
- Prevea Health will provide year-round 24-hour access to Prevea Care After Hours for medical advice at (888) 277-3832 for all UW-Green Bay students;
- There will be year-round 24/7 Prevea Virtual Care for all students at www.prevea.com/virtualcare;
- Regional students will have access to Prevea Urgent Care/Health Centers in Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Marinette;
- And, Prevea Health will now provide psychiatric services for medication monitoring by referral.
More information will be provided as details become available.
A thank you was also extended to Counseling and Health Center staff for “their dedication and continued service during this time of transition. UW-Green Bay is fortunate to have these professionals in positions of care when it comes to the physical and behavioral health of our students.”