• Jolene Sell, a member of the Phoenix women’s cross-country team, capped a busy weekend by running in the 12th annual Cellcom Green Bay Marathon. Sell received her degree in Human Biology on Saturday and ran a Boston Marathon qualifying time on Sunday. (Congratulations on two great accomplishments!)
• A team composed of current men’s cross-country runners took first place in the Relay Division. Team members were Erik Blomsness, Stephen Wagner, Evan Wachter, Josh Clark, and Paul Malcore. The Relay division had a Phoenix trifecta as teams made up of former cross-country runners also took second and third.
• Men’s Baskeball Head Coach Brian Wardle ran as a tall member of a marathon relay team.
• Faculty and staff competing in the full marathon, all 26 wind-swept miles, included Bob Blihar, senior applications developer, CIT; Kelly Franz, controller, Business and Finance; Bill Lepley, associate professor, Business Administration; Patricia Terry, assistant professor, Natural and Applied Science.
• Half-marathoners with campus ties included bursar Dick Anderson, Business and Finance; Ken Bothof, director, Intercollegiate Athletics; Kelly McBride, new in Marketing and University Communication; Dan McIver, associate athletics director, Intercollegiate Athletics; Amanda Nelson, assistant professor, Human Biology; and Luann Wickeham, financial specialist, Bursar Office.
• Running “Boston qualifying times,” among others, were Patricia Terry with a 3:39 and Kelly Franz a 3:29. Amanda Nelson had a very successful half marathon with a time of 1:47.
We know we must have missed somebody. Let us know at email@example.com.