Attend the discussion: The Role of Higher Education in Addressing the News Desert Crisis
The UW-Green Bay Communications Department and The Greater Green Bay Community Foundation cordially invite you to an important roundtable discussion:
The Role of Higher Education in Addressing the News Desert Crisis
- Mary Snapp, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Microsoft
- Janelle Fisher, The Press Times
- Jim Fitzhenry, USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin
- Joseph Yoo, Assistant Professor of Communications, UW-Green Bay
- Bryan Carr, Professor of Communications and Moderator, UW-Green Bay
In 2021, Microsoft selected Northeast Wisconsin as its fifth local news pilot in the U.S., donating critical funding to preserve and protect local journalism through the NEW News Lab initiative. The roundtable discussion will share progress of the collaboration and how UW-Green Bay us is preparing students to be journalists in the modern era and contributing solutions to the crisis.
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- TEAMS Lab Studio/Instructional Services Building
Space is limited. Reserve your seat today.