Great Lakes Freshwater Symposium: Protecting wetlands post Sackett Decision
Join water research colleagues from Canadian and U.S. universities for a free, virtual Great Lakes Freshwater Symposium on Tuesday, October 3 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Panelists will discuss the impact of the recent U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on wetlands protections, scientific research, legal analysis and policy, including an update on the upcoming EPA WOTUS Rule revisions.
- Erin Giese, Principal Investigator, Great Lakes Coastal Wetland Monitoring
- Veronica Hemrich, Policy Research Analyst, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Geoff Pociask, Wetlands Geology Section Head, Illinois State Geological Survey, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Melissa Scanlan, Director, Center for Water Policy, School of Freshwater Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Brian Wilm, Wetland Science Program Leader, Illinois Natural History Survey, Prairie Research Institute, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
This event is part of a quarterly water symposium series sponsored by the Freshwater Collaborative of Wisconsin, Great Lakes Higher Education Consortium and Council of the Great Lakes Region. These events seek to encourage and advance collaborations, share science across borders, encourage students in research and career opportunities and present research that is solving real-world problems.