Classic Broadway shows, entertaining comedy and eclectic music and dance are among the highlights of the 2012-13 Performing Arts Season lineup at the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts.
The signature University of Wisconsin-Green Bay venue announced its new season May 22 during a special event for patrons and friends. Individuals in attendance helped shape the new season by participating in the Weidner Center’s Strategic Planning process, which outlines a five-year plan for reinvigorating the venue. Officials say the season announcement is an exciting milestone in the Weidner’s re-launch.
“This lineup represents the kind of quality and variety audiences have come to expect from a venue of this caliber, while also offering the accessible pricing we know is important,” said Weidner Center General Manager Kate Green. “With the help of our stakeholders and friends, we’ve developed a fantastic season that we are so excited to share.”
The 2012-13 Performing Arts Season is as follows*:
• Lewis Black: Running on Empty, 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16. Tickets $39-$54.50.
• The Capitol Steps: Take the Money and Run for President, 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22. Tickets $22-$38.50.
• Price is Right, Live!™, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10. Tickets $38.50.
• Aquila Theatre Company presents William Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew,” 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22. Tickets $22-$38.50.
• Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet presents “Moulin Rouge® — The Ballet,” 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1. Tickets $22-$66.
• Fiddler on the Roof, 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. Tickets $27.50-$71.50.
• Kenny Rogers Hits & Christmas Show, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12. Tickets $55.50-$89.50.
• Shrek The Musical, 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13. Tickets $43-$76.
• A Chorus Line, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18. Tickets $27.50-$71.50.
• Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood: Two Man Group, 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25. Tickets $27.50-$49.50.
• VOCA PEOPLE, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16. Tickets $16.50-$44.
• The Magic of Bill Blagg Live!, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23. Tickets $33, or $16.50 for children ages 12 and younger.
• Elvis Lives, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 21. Tickets $38.50-$55.
• Celtic Crossroads: World Fusion Tour, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27. Tickets $22-$44.
• The Minetti Quartet and distinguished pianist Andreas Klein, 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 5. Tickets $33.
• John Tesh: Big Band Live!, 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 12. Tickets $33-$66.
* Service fees apply for all ticket sales
Tickets are currently on sale via subscription. Patrons need simply to select five or more of the Performing Arts Season events listed above to qualify as a subscriber, buy before the general public, get the best seats and save up to 10 percent on their purchase. Subscription order forms reflect discounted prices. Orders of less than five events will be processed at full price in late July when single tickets go on sale to the general public.
More information about the Weidner Center, including ticketing info, is available at www.WeidnerCenter.com.