Second graduating senior show opens May 1
The Lawton Gallery at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will open the second of this spring’s two exhibits spotlighting the work of graduating senior art majors on Sunday, May 1. The exhibit runs through May 12.
The artists are:
• Kayla Bauer, New Franken — A grid of photographs that documents the life of the artist and her home environment;
• Kimberly Fischer, Ripon — A series of ceramic wall works that involve repetition and different ceramic processes;
• Nicholas Jenquin, Green Bay — An installation that combines two digital projections;
• Jesse Kappell, Kaukauna — An installation the artist says explores the transition from undergraduate school to graduate school, with a performance-art element (mature content) beginning at the close of the opening reception at 3:45 p.m.
• Maura E. Vazquez, Green Bay — A powerful series of oversized acrylic paintings of the artist and her family members.
The opening reception will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, May 1.
The Lawton Gallery, located inside Theatre Hall on the UW-Green Bay campus, 2420 Nicolet Drive, is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All events are free and open to the public.
For more information contact curator Stephen Perkins, (920) 465-2916.