Lolar Moua announced as UW-Green Bay Student Employee of the Year
Green Bay, WI—After announcing finalists last week, the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay announced the winner of the Student Employee of the Year on April 27, 2020. Lolar Moua (center of photo), from Green Bay, who works with Web Development staff in the Information Technology (IT) division, received the honor. Students were evaluated on eight National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) core competencies:
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Oral/Written Communications
- Digital Technology
- Professionalism/Work Ethic
- Career Management
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
Moua is the student lead web developer, creating and updating websites for personnel and divisions across campus. His work includes spearheading web projects from scoping and planning, to execution. He assures the sites meet accessibility standards, serves as the primary back-up for the other developers, and mentors new student employees.
There were 872 student employees at UW-Green Bay (prior to the pandemic). Here’s a full list of the SEOTY nominees along with their departments and job titles:
- Jenna Bares, University Recreation (Graphic Design/Marketing Supervisor and Events Staff Supervisor)
- Kiana Bennett, Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment (Office Assistant)
- Callyn Diamond, Admissions Office (Call Team Lead)
- Evy (Evelyn) Ehrlich, University Union (Phoenix Club Coordinator)
- Yaching Kuo, Graduate Studies (Office Assistant)
- Kyle Loose, University Recreation (Lead Event Staff Supervisor)
- Lolar Moua, Web Development – Division of IT (Student Lead Web Developer)
- Rebecca Schwerman, Weidner Center (Production and Event Intern/Assistant)
- Katie (Kathleen) Stephenson, Marketing and University Communication (Graphic Design intern)
- Elizabeth Traska, Weidner Center (Valet)
- Emily Walczak, Office of Student Life (Good Times Programming General Manager and Student Ambassador)
Features and photos of all the nominees are posted on the UWGB Student Employment Facebook page.
In the photo: Moua center, with supervisors Drew Ryan (left) and Brandon Langer (right).