UW-Green Bay offers Grandparents’ University this summer
Grandparents and their grandchildren between the ages of seven and 14 can share their love of learning at the two-day Grandparents’ University summer camp, July 7 and 8, at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Grandparents and their grandchildren will explore together a topic of interest and enjoy summer activities on the scenic bay shore campus at 2420 Nicolet Drive.
Participants enjoy the camaraderie of other families and quality time with their grandchildren. Many families make this event their annual reunion for the young cousins each year.
The UW-Green Bay summer camp is one of thirteen Grandparents’ Universities in the country.
Grandparents’ University offers nine courses from which to choose. For more detailed course descriptions please see the camps website: www.uwgbsummercamps.com.
Class selections and the instructors include:
• The Art and Science of Anatomy – Instructor: Daniel Meinhardt, Associate Professor, Human Biology
• Animals on the Wild Side, In Nature and the Museum – Instructor: Thomas Erdman, Curator, Richter Museum of Natural History; Cofrin Center for Biodiversity
• Nutritional Science – Instructor: Karen Lacey, MS, RD, CD; Senior Lecturer, Human Biology; Director, Dietetic Programs
• Hand Drumming – Instructor: Cheryl Grosso, Professor, Music and Frankenthal Professor, Percussion
• UWGB Camp Glee – Instructor: Courtney Sherman, Assistant Professor, Music, Voice faculty
• Memory-Making Clay Designs – Instructor: Dean Hoegger, Artist/Teacher
• You’re the Artist: Learn How to Draw Cartoon Characters! – Instructor: Addie Sorbo, Lecturer, Artist, Teacher
• Artist Books: Visual Journeys – Instructor: Chris Style, Associate Professor, Arts and Visual Design
• Creating a Family Webpage – Instructor: Art Lacey, Senior Lecturer, Education
Registration for Grandparents’ University continues through June 24 on a first-come, first-served basis.
Participants will meet at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 7, and the program ends at 2:30 p.m. Friday, July 8, following a graduation ceremony.
The fee for Grandparents’ University is $189 per adult and child pair. The fee includes instruction, activities, a cookout on Thursday night, parking and a T-shirt. Each additional adult is $125 and each additional child is $75.
Grandparents’ University attendees may commute or choose to stay in UW-Green Bay student suite apartments.
Information and registration is available online at www.uwgbsummercamps.com. Information also is available by calling (920) 465-2775 or (800) 621-2313.