Music students to take stage for annual Honors Recital
GREEN BAY – From vocalists to saxophone players, some of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s finest student musicians will take the stage 2 p.m. Saturday Feb. 13 during the annual Music Student Honors Recital in Fort Howard Hall at the Weidner Center. The concert is free and open to the public.
UW-Green Bay faculty members choose honors recital students each fall during a juried selection process. A reception will follow the annual concert, with family members, former high school instructors and UW-Green Bay music faculty members among those attending.
- Acacia Angelo, Phillips, soprano (vocalist); student of Prof. Sarah Meredith Livingston; Price County Review
- Ashley Bucholtz, Dale, soprano (vocalist); student of Associate Prof. Courtney Sherman; Post Crescent
- Ashley Gutting, Mason City, IA, mezzo-soprano (vocalist); student of Meredith Livingston; Globe Gazette
- Matt Hillman, Appleton, guitar; student of Associate Prof. Stefan Hall; Appleton Post Crescent
- Kelton Jennings, Poynette, saxophone; student of Associate Prof. John Salerno; Poynette Press
- Ryan Loining, Pulaski, trumpet; student of Associate Prof. Adam Gaines; Pulaski News
- Lauren Paul, Evansville, mezzo-soprano (vocalist); student of Sherman; The Evansville Review
- Rissel Peguero, Green Bay, piano; student of Assistant Prof. Michael Rector; Green Bay Press Gazette
- Heather Roberts, Florence, soprano (vocalist); student of Meredith Livingston; The Florence Mining News
- Nicholas Saldaña, Green Bay, piano; student of Rector; Green Bay Press Gazette
- Nicholas Schommer, West Bend, baritone (vocalist); student of Sherman; West Bend Daily News
The Student Honors Recital is the 13th UW-Green Bay Music event of the 2015-16 season. UW-Green Bay is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. More information is available online at www.uwgb.edu/music.