UW-Green Bay to host annual Music Student Honors Recital Saturday, Feb. 4
Some of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s finest student musicians will take the stage Saturday, Feb. 4 during the annual Music Student Honors Recital in Fort Howard Hall at the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. The 7:30 p.m. concert is free and open to the public.
UW-Green Bay faculty members choose honors recital students each fall during a juried selection process. A reception will follow the annual concert, with family members, former high school instructors and UW-Green Bay Music faculty members among those attending.
Performing students are as follows:
- Ryan Braatz, Weston, baritone (vocalist); student of Associate Prof. Sarah Meredith Livingston
- Lindsay Cummings, Freedom, soprano (vocalist); student of Meredith Livingston
- Ryan Dummer, Green Bay, piano; student of Assistant Prof. David Severtson
- Megan Fletcher, Waupun, soprano (vocalist); student of Assistant Prof. Courtney Sherman
- Mike Fowler, Green Bay, guitar; student of Associate Lecturer Dan Weaver
- Amanda Rose Gillespie, Denmark, soprano (vocalist); student of Sherman
- Leah LaMalfa, Marinette, mezzo-soprano (vocalist); student of Meredith Livingston
- Greg Muller, Cuba City, baritone (vocalist); student of Meredith Livingston
- Sam Stranz, Weston, alto saxophone; student of Associate Prof. John Salerno
The Student Honors Recital is the 21st UW-Green Bay Music concert of the 2011-12 season. UW-Green Bay is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. More information is available online at www.uwgb.edu/music/.