University names finalists for dean of professional studies
Five finalists for the position of dean of professional studies at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will visit the campus in February for interviews and meetings with members of the campus and community.
Associate Prof. Tim Kaufman, chair of the 10-member Dean of Professional Studies Search and Screen Committee, announced the names of the five finalists on Monday (Jan. 24). In alphabetical order, they are:
• Derryl Block, Interim Dean of Professional Programs and Graduate Studies, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
• Sara Campbell, Professor (and former Interim Dean and Associate Dean), Mennonite College of Nursing, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois.
• Gayle Kearns, Associate Dean/Chief Academic Officer, College of Fine Arts and Design, University of Central Oklahoma.
• Sue Joseph Mattison, Director; School of Health, Physical Education and Leisure Services, University of Northern Iowa.
• Amin Sarkar, Dean, School of Business, Alabama A&M University, Huntsville, Alabama.
The five finalists will visit UW-Green Bay between Feb. 2 and Feb. 15. Each visit will include a public forum, tours of the campus and visits with University administrators, campus governance committees, the Chancellor, Provost, and members of the Search and Screen Committee. Times and locations of those public forum sessions are as follows:
• Gayle Kearns, Wednesday, Feb. 2. Public forum 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Room 103, University Union.
• Amin Sarkar, Friday, Feb. 4. Public forum 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Room 103, University Union.
• Sue Joseph Mattison, Wednesday, Feb. 9. Public forum 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Room 103, University Union.
• Derryl Block, Monday, Feb. 14. Public forum 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., 1965 Room, University Union.
• Sara Campbell, Tuesday, Feb. 15. Public forum 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Room 103, University Union.
The Dean of Professional Studies Search and Screen Committee, representing faculty, staff and students, has been meeting since mid-October. The committee will forward its recommendations to UW-Green Bay Provost Julia Wallace by February 21.
Former Dean of Professional Programs and Graduate Studies Fritz Erickson left UW-Green Bay in July 2009 to become provost of Ferris State University. Prof. Derryl Block has been serving as Interim Dean of Professional Programs and Graduate Studies.