Cheering the Packers on into the playoffs? Experience the storied history with UW-Green Bay and 13-time World Champion Green Bay Packers through the ‘History of the Green Bay Packers’ noncredit certificate program
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 3, 2024
Green Bay Packer history provides perspective on the team and its winning mindset
Green Bay, WI — UW-Green Bay, working in collaboration with 13-time World Champion Green Bay Packers, still has seats available for the History of the Green Bay Packers noncredit certificate program. Fans can learn the greatest story in sports by exploring the iconic history of the Packers in eight sessions available live online on Zoom, starting on January 10.
The sessions will be taught by Brent Hensel, curator of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. A big part of Brent’s job is to preserve the history of the Packers organization, which already has over a century of history and continues to create special moments on and off the field each season. The Hall of Fame gets to record, safeguard, and illustrate all of this, and then share it with Packers fans around the world. The registration fee for the certificate program includes admission to the Packers Hall of Fame.
“Our first session this past fall was a tremendous success”, said Hensel. “The excitement and dedication from the fans speaks to the unique love for this team. I am extremely excited to continue to collaborate with UW-Green Bay on this rich and storied course, and to share the legendary history of the Green Bay Packers.”
The Green Bay Packers are a story of survival dating back to their origins in 1919. The team is the only franchise in professional sports to be owned and sustained by their fans; the steadfast, unwavering support of the community has been fundamental to the Packers’ success over the last century. The sessions will cover important events and personalities from the Packers’ rich and proud history that dates back to the early days of the NFL, including:
- Origins of American Football – Exploring the evolution of the game and how its popularity evolved including in the Green Bay area.
- A Story of Survival – Delving into the early days of the franchise and struggle for survival.
- Lambeau’s Reign – Looking at co-founder Earl “Curly” Lambeau and his role as coach and guiding force of the team.
- Virtual Tour of the Packers Hall of Fame – Taking a virtual walk through the museum and get an inside look at how the different exhibits were created.
- Packers-Bears Rivalry – Revisiting two of the three oldest NFL franchises and how the teams became interconnected.
- Lombardi’s Dynasty – Exploring the rise of Vince Lombardi, a little-known coach, who became the most famous coach in sports.
- Leadership & Diversity – Uncovering the lasting influence of Lombardi on leadership and diversity in Green Bay.
When participants complete the program, they will earn an exclusive UW-Green Bay digital badge distinguished by the Packers “G.”
Learn more about the History of the Green Bay Packers certificate program by visiting the program’s web site. Meanwhile, if you have questions or concerns, please contact Heidi Jahnke, Executive Regional Manager, Continuing Professional Education, at (920) 465-2356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The History of the Green Bay Packers certificate program is sponsored by the Division of Continuing Education and Community Engagement, creating access to education at every stage of life.
About UW-Green Bay
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is a school of resilient problem solvers who dare to reach higher with the power of education that ignites growth and answers the biggest challenges. Serving 10,300 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students as well as 67,500 continuing education learners annually, UW-Green Bay offers 200 academic degrees, programs, and certificates. With four campus locations in Northeast Wisconsin, the University’s access mission welcomes all students who want to learn, from every corner of the world. Championing bold thinking since opening its doors in 1965, it is a university on the rise – Wisconsin’s fastest growing UW. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.