Driving on University business? New authorization required

The UW System has launched a new driver authorization process, “the Enterprise Fleet Management System.” Moving forward Vehicle Use Agreements must now be submitted electronically. Starting immediately all employees and students who drive on university business must complete a new electronic Vehicle Use Authorization even if they have a current paper VUA on file. More information is available here under the Driver Authorization heading.

Current authorizations will only remain effective through November 30, 2017.  After that date individuals who have not received authorization by the DOA;

  1. Will not have the additional liability protection provided by the State;
  2. Cannot transport any other individual on state business;
  3. Cannot be reimbursed for mileage for any trips taken on state business;
  4. Cannot access a car through the State Car Rental Contract;
  5. Cannot operate any state owned vehicle.

If you need to drive on University business after November 30, 2017, please obtain an updated authorization.

You may also like...