Reminder: Open fora for reaccreditation is Monday, Oct. 4
The reaccreditation site visit with the Higher Learning Commission is fast-approaching. See below for the schedule for three open fora with the review team. The campus community is strongly encouraged to attend one or more of those as schedules allow. They will be held virtually, making it easy to come and go as needed. Robust participation in the fora demonstrates our strong commitment to the university and the education we provide.
11:00-11:45—Criteria 2 and 5
1:15-2:00—Criteria 3 and 4
The fora are organized according to the five criteria of the Assurance Argument we have submitted to the HLC review team. The Assurance Argument is a narrative document that thoroughly describes how our university meets the requirements of five key criteria, and assures the quality of the education we deliver. They are described as follows:
- The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- The institution provides quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- The institution’s resources, structures, processes, and planning are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities.
To learn more about the HLC, please visit this site: https://www.hlcommission.org/About-HLC/about-hlc.html
To learn more about accreditation, please see this section of UW-Green Bay’s website: https://www.uwgb.edu/hlc-accredition/about-accreditation/
Thank you all for your commitment to quality education at UW-Green Bay, and for your efforts in assuring our continued status as an accredited institution of higher education.
Use this link to attend the fora.