Hispanic Heritage month
In honor of National Hispanic Heritage month (Sept. 15-Oct. 15), UW‑Green Bay’s Spanish program has put together an array of events to celebrate some of the many contributions of Hispanics/Latinos to the culture of the United States. Below is a schedule of the upcoming events this month:
- Sept. 19 Translation Workshop: Learn translation techniques during this hands-on, practical workshop. Presenter: Spanish writer and translator Luisa Etxenike. From 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. in MAC Hall 103 (English/Spanish/French).
- Sept. 19 Book Presentation: “El Arte de la pesca/The Art of fishing” by Luisa Etxenike. From 5 to 6 p.m. at The Reader’s Loft (http://www.readersloft.com/). (English).
- Sept. 21 Film: “Asier eta Biok” (Dir. Aitor and Amaia Merino, 2013). Neville Public Museum 7:00 p.m. Presenter Prof. Cristina Ortiz. (Spanish/Basque with English subtitles)
- Sept. 22 Info session: “Study Abroad in Spanish speaking countries” Office of International Education. 4:30 p.m.
- Sept. 27 Book discussion: “Pedro Páramo” Tuesday, September 27 at 6:30 p.m. in the Board Room of the Central Library (second floor). Prof. Cristina Ortiz. (English).