Bothof is longest-tenured AD, and first from outside
With 11 years as Phoenix AD, Ken Bothof is the longest-tenured individual in that position in the program’s 44-year history. At his hiring, he was the first AD to come from outside of the University. The all-time roster:
• Donald Makuen (1969-70) previously had been executive director of student affairs.
• Dean Austin (1970-73) previously had been head tennis coach.
• Bruce Grimes (1973-81) was acting chairman of the communication-action concentration and associate professor of communication-action.
• Donald Harden (1981-85) acting athletics director, also served as UW-Green Bay associate chancellor.
• Daniel Spielmann (1985-94) had been a faculty member and UW-Green Bay special assistant to the chancellor.
• Dennis “Otis” Chambers (1994-2001) was previously assistant athletics director, and head athletic trainer.
• Kenneth Bothof (2002-2013) had been associate athletic director-external operations with Saint Louis University.