UW-Green Bay Student Employee of the Year Lexi Kinnard was one of 19 students nominated for the 2017 Student Employee of the Year Awards, in a recognition ceremony Monday, April 10, 2017. About 800 students work in about 1,050 positions on the University campus. See the finalists and the photos.
Kinnard was nominated by Tim Helein. She is responsible for building supervision on nights, weekends and when professional staff members are not present. Her duties include direct supervision of student employees, scheduling and training. She is able to manage all components of the Kress Center including membership and guest relations.
- Kaise Aschliman (Clintonville High School) – Jobs for Wisconsin Grads intern in Career Service
- Kate Fonder (Southwestern Wisconsin High School) – Customer Service Student Assistant in The Phoenix Bookstore
- Sandra Graybill (Shattuck-Saint Marys School) – Group Visit Intern in the Office of Admissions
- Morgan Jandrin (Southern Door High School) – Student Manager in the Cofrin Library Public Services Department
- Stephanie Jossart (Green Bay Preble High School) – Office Assistant for Continuing Education and Community Engagement
- Lexi Kinnard (Luxemburg Casco High School) – Lead Student Building Supervisor for the Kress Events Center
- Devra Komprood (Darlington High School) – Building Manager for the University Union
- Breanna Linna (Green Bay Southwest High School) – Research Assistant in the Archives Department of the Cofrin Library
- Team of Rachel Atwood (eAchieve Academy), Nathan Condon (Oshkosh West High School), Skyla Weidemann (Green Bay Preble High School) – Office Assistants in the Office of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Cassandra Raymond (Sturgeon Bay High School) – Studio Assistant in the Art Department
- Casi Schatzman (Union Grove High School) – Lead Supervisor for the Alumni Phone-A-Thon Program
- Bradley Schemer (Mishicot High School) – Business Operations Special Project Assistant in the Office of Residence Life
- Charlie Schroeder (Marinette Senior High School) – Office Assistant in both Human Resources and the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment
- Erin Schroth (Shiocton High School) – Receptionist/Office Assistant in the Dean of Students Office
- Kailey Trudeau (Oconto High School) – Ground Assistant in the Facilities Management Grounds Department.
- Jessica Van Dusen (New Glarus High School) – Food Service Worker and Trainer for Chartwells in the University Union’s Marketplace.
- Dani Weber (River Falls Senior High School) – Administrative Office Assistant in Nursing and Health Studies
Nominations were judged by a panel of four University faculty and staff who rated them in the areas of reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism and uniqueness of contribution. Students Kate Fonder (reliability), Dani Weber (professionalism), Kailey Trudeau (quality of work), Breanna Linna (initiative) and Charlie Schroeder (uniqueness) received finalist awards.
The recognition ceremony helped kick off Student Employee Appreciation Week, which runs through Friday, April 14, 2017 at UW-Green Bay. The week’s events include daily activities designed to demonstrate appreciation for all student employees, as well as daily freebies for student workers.
Each year, the National Student Employment Association coordinates a selection process and chooses the National Student Employee of the Year award to recognize the outstanding contributions and achievements of students who work while attending college. Learn more about UW-Green Bay’s Student Employee of the Year award and Student Employee Appreciation Week.
Click to advance slideshow or view the album on Flickr.
– Photos by Sue Bodilly, Marketing and University Communication