Letter from Prevea President and CEO Dr. Rai to UW-Green Bay students
On behalf of Prevea Health, I would like to thank you for allowing Prevea to make a temporary home on your campuses by allowing us to create community COVID-19 mass vaccination clinics. Having taken over your gymnasium spaces on four of your campuses, we appreciate that you sacrificed some of your rec time to allow us the time and space to be able to tackle the next step in this public health crisis. We deeply value our partnership with UW-Green Bay.
With the Wisconsin Department of Health Services announcing that all individuals age 16 and older are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, I would like to strongly encourage you to get yours. Having mass vaccination clinics on your four UW-Green Bay campuses (Green Bay, Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Marinette), it should hopefully afford you easy access to getting the vaccine.
The process is extremely easy:
- Visit https://prevea.com/vaccine to view which clinic is administering which vaccine on any given day
- Then, sign up via your MyPrevea account
- If you don’t have one, it’s easy! Instructions are located here: https://www.prevea.com/For-Patients/MyPrevea
- Appointments are required – we do NOT have walk in appointments available
It’s very important to note that for any students under the age of 18, you must receive the Pfizer vaccine and have parent/guardian consent. Those individuals need to call 1-833-344-4373 to schedule.
For those 18 and older, you may receive any of the three vaccines. You can check to see what vaccine is being offered on different days at www.prevea.com/vaccine . When scheduling your vaccine on MyPrevea, you MUST be available 21 or 28 days later for the second dose of your vaccine. There are no exceptions to this.
- If you receive the Pfizer vaccine, your second dose will be 21 days later.
- If you receive the Moderna vaccine, your second dose will be 28 days later.
- If you receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you will only receive one dose.
The semester will be over before you know it – don’t delay in scheduling your vaccine! This way, you can be fully vaccinated by the end of the semester and feel that much more safer going home, knowing that you are protected against the virus.
Wishing you all a fantastic end to the school year.
Dr. Ashok Rai
Prevea Health President and CEO