Watch out for Coronavirus scams
A reminder to remain vigilant for scams related to coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). Cyber criminals may send phishing emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts or calls related to the COVID-19.
Take the following precautions:
- Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails and be wary of email attachments. Remember one click is too many!
- Use trusted sources—such as legitimate, government websites—for up-to-date, fact-based information about COVID-19.
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in email, and do not respond to email solicitations for this information.
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information.
- Continue to visit the UW-Green Bay Coronavirus page on the website for all university communications, as well as our current guidelines, polices and prevention measures.
If you feel you have received a phishing email, please report it to email@example.com.