UW-Green Bay Hosts Presidential Election Academy | WTAQ News Talk | 97.5 FM · 1360 AM | Green Bay, WI
GREEN BAY, WI (WTAQ) — UW-Green Bay is offering a Presidential Election Academy over the course of two and a half days in November of this year to prepare local officials on election preparation, election polling operations, and duties after the polls close. Registration is now open.
Wisconsin is predicted to be a “battleground” state in next year’s November 2024 presidential election. Wisconsin will also hold Democratic and Republican primary elections on April 2, 2024. Between 2000 and 2012, Wisconsin supported Republican candidates in 48.4% of presidential elections, tying with support for Democratic candidates at 48.4%.
The high-profile nature of the election will put local communities and polling places under pressure to ensure a faultless voting experience and result. To support area communities, the UW-Green Bay Presidential Election Academy participants will have their choice of topics including:
- Working with Your County Clerk in Preparing for Elections
- Local Candidate Lifecycle: Registration to Termination
- Do You Have your Emergency Contingent Plans Developed?
- Elections: Where Do I Start?
- What to Do with an Absentee Ballot Request or In-Person Absentee Voter?
- Mock Election: Setting Up the Polling Place
- Absentee Voting in Assisted Living Facilities
- Badger Books
- Handicap Accessibility Including Curbside Voting
- Exit Polling and Observations
- Elections Don’t End at 8 p.m.: What to Do after the Polls Close
- Final Election Wrap-Up
- Election Tabletop II
- Mastering the Election Process
Upon successful completion of sessions, participants can earn a UW-Green Bay Presidential Election badge. Registration for the Presidential Election Academyis now open.