Seeking to repeat of last year’s successful employee appreciation week, the UW-Green Bay office of Human Resources is organizing what promises, per the e-mail sent to University faculty and staff, to be “a week filled with recognition and fun!” HR credits the Employee Appreciation Week Work Group for planning employee appreciation drawings, team-building activities, goodies and more. Events and activities are as follows:
- Share praise for your coworkers; send submissions to email@example.com. Watch for posts to be shared anonymously on HR’s Facebook Page.
- Shorewood lunch special — lunch, a drink, and 3 holes of golf for $10. (Please call ahead to reserve. Ex: 2118)
- Preferred parking prize drawing (3 names drawn for each day)
- FREE* Popcorn at the Phoenix Club (with Faculty/Staff ID, 1 bag per person per day, while supplies last)
Monday, May 8:
- Walk the Arboretum 12:00 Noon led by Bobbie Webster. Meet at the Arboretum Gateway Kiosk (just south of MAC hall). Should take about 30 minutes.
Tuesday, May 9:
- Hitch a Ride! 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. Golf cart rides driven by leadership from all parking lots to buildings
- Lunch with Leadership for those that with the drawing. (See your email for the form to enter.)
Wednesday, May 10:
- Get the Scoop!* 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. While supplies last at the outdoor patio outside the Phoenix Rooms, FREE for Faculty and Staff, Students $1 (Flavors include Butter Pecan, Caramel Collision, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Pirate’s Bounty)
- Phoenix Bookstore Special – Buy one get one half off! (See store for exclusions.)
Thursday, May 11:
- Casual Dress Day
- Team Building Activities 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. on Student Services Plaza- take a break and participate in activities with your co-workers. Minute to Win It Games, Giant Checkers, Jenga, Connect Four, and more!
Friday, May 12:
- Phoenix Friday! Wear your Phoenix Gear or green to show your Phoenix Pride.
- Phoenix Bookstore Special – Buy more, save more! Spend $25 get $5 off, Spend $50 get $15 off, spend $100 get $35 off. (See store for exclusions)
- Pickleball 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Student Services Plaza (weather permitting)
*Funded by the University Staff Committee and the University Union