Senior Exhibit I at Lawton through April 22
The first of two art exhibitions featuring the work of UW-Green Bay graduating seniors is on display through Thursday, April 22, in the Lawton Gallery in Theatre Hall.
Nine artists have works in this exhibition:
- Emily Bartos — a wardrobe installation of textiles illustrating and addressing female stereotypes
- Amanda Cornette — large-scale charcoal drawings with complex imagery
- Maja Gettrust — an installation composed of many small canvases that explore the nature and aesthetics of ‘staining’
- Adam Koenig — seven large portraits of men comprising a photographic inquiry into male identity
- Amanda Kvitek — hand-drawn imagery and texts that address suicide
- Chris Livieri — graphic design works produced for a variety of local clients
- Lacey Schnurer — six free-standing, clothing-based works
- Adam Wiesner — an automatic drawing machine and a kinetic lightbox
- Jacob Yahnke — ceramic works that take the pillow as their theme
Lawton Gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. All gallery events are free. For information call Stephen Perkins, curator, at (920) 465-2916, or consult the gallery website at www.uwgb.edu/lawton/.