Next Cultural Cuisine Luncheon samples flavors of Vietnam
The next Cultural Cuisine Luncheon will showcase Vietnamese food and culture. The guest speaker will be Hung Nguyen from the Mauthe Center. Tickets are now on sale at the University Ticketing and Information Center in the Union for the April 25 event. Tickets are $13 and $14. The menu looks like this:
• Pho Bo – Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup: A rich beef stock flavored with ginger, cinnamon, fennel, and cloves, with rice noodles garnished with onions, cilantro, bean sprouts, and lime wedges.
• Vietnamese Grilled Five Spice Chicken: A quarter chicken grilled with the exotic flavors of Chinese five spice, (anise, fennel, cinnamon, cloves, and Szechwan peppercorns).
• Vietnamese Fried Rice: Grains of white rice sautéed with peas, corn, soy sauce, with egg and onion added.
• Vietnamese Carrot Salad: A refreshing blend of carrots, cabbage, and mint tossed in a lite chili lime dressing and topped with roasted peanuts.
• Banana Rice Pudding: A creamy blend of fresh bananas, rice, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, with diced tropical fruit inside.
• Coffee and Ice Water