Reminder: Driver Authorization

Any person needing to drive on University business, regardless of whether you will be using a fleet vehicle, personal vehicle or rental vehicle will need to have an updated driver authorization to receive travel reimbursement or to obtain a rental vehicle through the State of Wisconsin Contract. Even if you had been authorized prior to Nov. 1, 2017, you must submit a new application through the DOA process. The page contains a link to both the application instructions and the Portal to complete the application.

The delays in approving the applications have been resolved, so as of today’s date, anyone who has not obtained their authorization through the new DOA Process will have travel reimbursement rejected and not be permitted to obtain a rental car through the State Contract. Those who have submitted applications should have received an approval notification email. Please note some were delivered to junk mail, so please check your junk mail folder to determine if your application has been accepted. Starting Dec. 6, 2017, applications will be reviewed weekly at 2 p.m. on Wednesdays, so please plan your application accordingly.

Supervisors or others wishing to confirm whether an individual has approved authorization should refer to the Portal Guide and follow the instructions on running a report.

You may also like...