WiSys announces 2022-2023 grant writing webinar series
WiSys encourages UW System grant seekers to cultivate their grant writing skills, connect with experts and create opportunities through the organization’s latest 10-part grant writing webinar series.
The live and on-demand virtual series will primarily be hosted by WiSys grant writing expert Gina Polito Jahn. It will include the following webinars:
- Tools for Grant SeekingWednesday, Oct. 5, 2022 | 2-2:45 p.m.
- Planning Your Timeline for Grants SuccessWednesday, Oct. 26, 2022 | 12-12:45 p.m.
- Get Your Research Off the Ground: A look at WiSys Spark and UW System Ignite Grants for Applied ResearchThursday, Nov. 3, 2022 | 12-1 p.m.
- Upcoming Changes in NSF Proposal Submission Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022 | 2-2:45 p.m.
- Funding Focus: New and Early-Career InvestigatorsWednesday, Jan. 11, 2023 | 12-12:45 p.m.
- Common Grant Writing PitfallsThursday, Feb. 9, 2023 | 2-2:45 p.m.
- How to Read an RFP (Request for Proposals)Wednesday, Feb 22, 2023 | 12-12:45 p.m.
- Budgets and Budget JustificationsThursday, March 9, 2023 | 12-12:45 p.m.
- Funding Focus: Grants and Fellowships in the Arts, Humanities and Social SciencesWednesday, April 5, 2023 | 2-2:45 p.m.
- Funding Focus: National Institutes of Health AREA (Academic Research Enhancement Award) and National Science Foundation RUI (Research in Undergraduate Institutions)Thursday, April 27, 2023 | 12-12:45 p.m.
The webinar series is part of WiSys’ commitment to providing research development services to the UW System’s regional campuses with the goal of providing strategic capacity-building activities designed to assist faculty and staff from any discipline in their pursuit of external funding to support creative and innovative research and scholarship.
To register and read full descriptions of the webinars, visit wisys.org/grants/webinars.
WiSys is a nonprofit organization that works with faculty, staff, students and alumni of the UW System to facilitate cutting-edge research programs, develop and commercialize discoveries and foster a spirit of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking across the state.