UW-Green Bay accepted as a partner institution for the College Cost Transparency Initiative
UW-Green Bay was recently accepted as a partner institution for the College Cost Transparency Initiative. (CCT) According to their website, in the fall of 2022, the leaders of 10 higher education associations representing college presidents, financial aid offices, and admissions and school counselors announced the formation of a task force — the College Cost Transparency Initiative (CCT) — to improve the clarity, accuracy, and understanding of student financial aid offers by producing a set of guiding principles and minimal standards to be used when communicating aid offers.
Acceptance as a partner means that UW-Green Bay is committed to using the Principles & Standards of the College Cost Transparency Initiative in its student financial aid offer.
In addition, the principles and standards provide that financial aid offers to undergraduate students:
- Are transparent, ensuring that costs are understandable for students and families, and include the most accurate estimate possible of a student’s costs.
- Describe and explain all types of aid offered using standardized, plain language.
- Prominently display critical components, such as an estimate of the student’s total cost of attendance, broken down by costs to be paid to the institution and costs paid to others; types and sources of financial aid being offered, separated into grants and scholarships, student loans, and student employment or work; an estimated net price; and more.
- Follow U.S. Department of Education guidance with regard to referencing Parent PLUS Loans.
- Provide information about employment requirements and information on job placement, if student employment is offered.
- Explain the terms and conditions and information on how much student loan debt may cost over time, if federal student loans are included.
If you have any questions about this designation, please contact UW-Green Bay Financial Aid Office.