CATL call: 2019-20 Teaching and Learning Community of Practice
This year’s Teaching and Learning Community of Practice (CoP) will provide support and a sense of collective empowerment for those who engage or wish to engage in promoting equity-minded institutional change.
General expectations for the CoP:
- Participate in and support a community of practice that would meet six times during the 2019-20 academic year. We intend to schedule these three meetings a semester on Friday mornings: 10/4, 11/1, 11/29, (1/23 – IDI), 2/7, 3/6, and 4/17.
- Attend the Instructional Development Institute on January 23rd, 2020.
- Engage in discussions of a series of readings related to equity-minded institutional change.
- Help articulate shared goals and outcomes for the learning community.
- Engage in project-work in Spring 2020 that works towards our collective goals.
- Share three reflections a semester on Canvas.
- Share your work with the university community during a fall 2020 event.
How to apply
Please send your application via e-mail to the Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (email@example.com) anytime before August 23, 2019. The short application only includes:
- A brief letter of interest that discusses how you wish to explore the theme of “equity-minded institutional change” within the Teaching and Learning Community. If you already have a potential project in mind, please feel free to articulate this in your letter.
- A brief e-mail memo of support from your unit chair (one sentence is fine).