Dining Changes: Read all about it
Chartwells will be the exclusive dining services vendor of UWGB beginning Aug. 1, 2016, having secured the contract after a competitive and exhaustive RFP process. Chartwells, the higher education division of Compass Group, is not new to UWGB or UW System. Some may recall its presence on campus from 1995-2002 and currently serve UW-Whitewater, UW-La Crosse, UW-River Falls and UW-Superior.
The Marketplace inside Leona Cloud Commons will be converted to an “all-you-can-eat” venue. Within this venue customers will find a variety of dining platforms serving breakfast, lunch, and supper plus anything in-between from Chartwells’ brands:
- Baker’s Crust – made-to-order sandwiches and salads resembling an upscale bakery or bistro
- Hearthstone Ovens – offering a wide variety of baked goods including pizza, pasta, calzone, chicken, and more.
- Fresh Market – self-serve salad bar, soups, fruits, and vegetables
- Global Kitchen – Chef’s table with fresh, healthy entrees including cultural, vegetarian, and vegan options
- myPantry – help-yourself dining providing flexible mealtime or snack options
- Innovation Kitchen – live showcase kitchen featuring local, holiday, and international dining themes
The Union Lower Level Food Court/Phoenix Club venues will re-open for the fall and include Rustic Range (pub-style concept featuring hand-pattied burgers and chicken) and a concept to be chosen by the students each semester for the following semester (FOCUS students cast over 750 votes already and returning students will vote on-line soon). This venue will be open until 11:00 p.m. seven days a week during the academic year.
The Garden Café is scheduled for a complete makeover starting July 5 and will remain closed until mid- to-late August. An expanded footprint will provide space for an additional serving platform. Stay tuned for some exciting updates to this venue.
Meal Plans — There will be plans for faculty and staff. All locations will accept cash, check, credit, debit, pass, and dining points.
Dining planning for departments and special events — planners are encourage to continue making dining plans and provisions for catered functions, events and conferences. The current management team will work with you on making these arrangements for events occurring into December 2016. All quotes for service will be honored and with no expected lapse in service in the contract transition. Contact Dining Administrator Rick Warpinski @ #2090 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.