Winners announced – Wisconsin college mascots theme of this year We Energies/WPS falcon naming contest
The vote was incredibly close but Norby topped Clash by a beak as the top vote-getter in this year’s peregrine falcon naming contest. Norby received 24.7% compared to Clash, which received 23.7% of the vote.
With over 6,500 votes cast, the top 10 names are:
- Norby — in honor of Norby the Green Knight, St. Norbert College
- Clash — in honor of Clash the Titan, University of Wisconsin—Oshkosh
- Ollie — in honor of Ollie the Owl, Waukesha County Technical College
- Ember — in honor of Ember the Firebird, Carthage College
- Stryker — in honor of Stryker the Eagle, University of Wisconsin—La Crosse
- Bucky — in honor of Bucky Badger, University of Wisconsin—Madison
- Pete — in honor of Pio Pete, Carroll University
- Roscoe — in honor of Roscoe Raider, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Phlash — in honor of Phlash the Phoenix, University of Wisconsin—Green Bay
- Iggy — in honor of Iggy the Golden Eagle, Marquette University
These names will be given to the peregrine falcon chicks at We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) power plants this spring.
Even though voting is done, you can still watch the chicks on We Energies’ live cameras as they continue to grow, build strength and learn to fly. They won’t leave the nest for a few more weeks.
The falcon chicks will formally receive their names and identification bands in the coming days and weeks.