UW-Green Bay people, programs earn WPS Volunteer Awards
UW-Green Bay was well represented Tuesday (April 16) during the 25th annual WPS Volunteer Awards ceremony at the KI Convention Center. Whether employees, incoming or current students or those with other ties, these members of our community always make us proud. Here’s a look at some of our honorees:
• The Women’s Fund of Greater Green Bay’s 26-member advisory board won the Green Bay Packers Large Group Award. Development director Jeanne Stangel ’87 is the president-elect of this body, and accepted the award on its behalf.
• Diana Delbecchi ’10, student employment/scholarship coordinator in Financial Aid, was the runner-up for the Green Bay Packaging Volunteer in Education Award. She was noted for her work with Phuture Phoenix and the FLITE mentoring program she started at Preble High School (more on that in an upcoming UW-Green Bay News video).
• Paige Bani, who will begin her UW-Green Bay career this fall, was runner-up for the Schreiber Foods, Inc. Youth Volunteer Award.
• UW-Green Bay Make A Difference Day volunteers were nominees for the Bellin Health Systems Small Group Award.
• Dr. Terry Watermolen won the Schneider National Foundation Volunteer Leadership Award for his work with the Brown County Library. UW-Green Bay retiree Kathy Pletcher, the president of the Brown County Library Board, accepted on his behalf.