Lawton’s student show features tattoos, twins, plastic-bag art and more
The Lawton Gallery at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will feature a new exhibit with works by graduating senior art majors Sunday, April 10 to Thursday, April 21. It’s the first of two such shows this spring. The artists offer an intriguing mix of media and topics:
• Kyle Engels: an installation of acrylic ‘skins’ of paint inspired by mountain landscapes;
• Kari Hinrichs: a domestic installation with an environmental message comprised of assorted objects made by weaving plastic bags;
• Justin Knitt: large-scale color photographs of tattoos
• Anna Kooiman: a series of large oil paintings that explore the artist’s relationship with her fraternal twin
• Matthew John Pickard: a series of German Expressionist inspired woodcuts with experimental Mylar overlays.
The opening reception will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 10.