Call for applications: Online Teaching Fellows
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning (CATL) is accepting applications for the UW-Green Bay Online Teaching Fellows program, and the deadline is Friday, May 3, 2019. We will offer this program on Tuesday, May 21 and Wednesday, May 22, 2019 in Sheboygan for the Manitowoc and Sheboygan campuses and on the Marinette campus Thursday, May 23 and Friday, May 24, 2019. Online Teaching Fellows is for all, regardless of experience level, who wish to deepen their engagement with best practices in online instruction and would like to create or re-create an online or hybrid course. This program will be especially useful for instructors who previously taught in the master course model or are teaching to a new curriculum as part of the reorganization.
- Craft clear and measurable course objectives, stated from the student perspective.
- Build a course plan in which objectives, materials, activities, and assessments align together.
- Select technologies appropriate to their learning objectives.
- Describe multiple learning pathways in accordance with best practices in Universal Design.
- Instructors will craft a course plan to use in building their online course.
Expectations for the Online Teaching Fellows:
- Participants will attend two four-hour sessions from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (We will break for lunch halfway through.)
- Manitowoc/Sheboygan sessions will run on Tuesday, May 21 and Wednesday 22, 2019, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Room 1202 Sheboygan campus)
- Marinette sessions will run on Thursday, May 23 and Friday, May 24, 2019, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Room TBD)
- There may be some online work to do between days.
- Five participants required to run the program in each location (Marinette and Manitowoc/Sheboygan – combined).
To apply for this professional development opportunity, please submit a completed application to CATL (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please put “Online Teaching Fellows” in the subject line. If you have any questions about the program, please contact Todd Dresser at email@example.com.