April 4-8 is Tornado ad Severe Weather Awareness Week, here are some reminders
Our partners at Wisconsin Emergency Management would like to announce Tornado and Severe Weather Awareness Week in Wisconsin will take place April 4-8, 2022. This annual campaign encourages everyone in Wisconsin to prepare for the tornadoes and severe storms in the state that may develop during the spring and summer months. Here is a reminder of our actions here on our campuses for tornadoes:
- Monitor weather conditions.
- Evacuate to lowest level, interior room or hall.
- Stay away from window, glass, large open areas.
- Protect your head and face; get under a sturdy surface or structure.
- Monitor weather by radio or weather alert radio.
Here are helpful links to better prepare yourself for and respond to severe storm events in Wisconsin.