You’re invited! UW-Green Bay’s Three Minute Thesis competition
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Graduate Student Council is hosting UW-Green Bay’s first Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition in collaboration with Office of Graduate Studies and the Greater Green Bay Chamber’s Current Young Professionals. All UW-Green Bay undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to attend!
Developed by the University of Queensland, 3MT has been adopted in 86 countries including 339 universities from the United States. It cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills. Participation enriches the capacity of students to effectively explain their graduate research projects in only three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience. At the end of the competition, one student will be selected to represent UW-Green Bay at the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools annual 3MT® competition.
UW-Green Bay Three Minute Thesis (3MT®)
UW-Green Bay Campus, Phoenix Rooms B and C
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm: Competition and Award Announcements
- Graduate students participating:
- Isuri Willaddara Gamage, MS in Data Science, Personalized Fashion Recommendations System
- Brinley Kowalkowski, MS in Management, The Effects of COVID-19 on College Students: Post-Vaccine
- Jillian Kurovski, MS in Environmental Science & Policy, Spider Diversity (Araneae) at Red Banks State Natural Area
- Sydney Levy, MS in Applied Leadership for Teaching & Learning, Relational Discipline: How We Can Make a Difference
- Zac Locklear, MS in Environmental Science & Policy, Arctic Grayling Restoration Through Partnerships and Habitat Modeling
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm: Networking Social
Register Your Attendance Here: https://web.greatergbc.org/atlas/events/dine-develop-with-uwgb-three-minute-thesis-5623/register
*There is no fee to attend, but registration is required.
Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies <email@example.com> with any questions.