Effective January 1, 2021, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) vendor will change from FEI to Kepro. The EAP is a free, confidential program available to you and the family members living in your household. You can contact Kepro for assistance with:
- Emotional Situations: relationships, parenting, grieving
- Work/Life Challenges: child care, elder care, adoption
- Legal and Financial Circumstances: managing expenses or debt, preparation of simple wills, child custody or child support
You may contact Kepro online (code SOWI) or by calling 833-539-7285. You will need to create an account to access the EAP resources online.
Professional counselors are available via phone, virtual visit or on an in-person basis. The program will continue to provide up to six sessions per person per issue per year. If additional counseling is necessary, Kepro will assist you with accessing providers covered by your health insurance plan.
If you are currently receiving counseling sessions through FEI: Since the EAP is a confidential program, the UW System does not know what services, if any, you are using. Although your sessions will end with FEI on December 31, 2020, you may contact Kepro on/after January 1, 2021 to initiate services with Kepro. FEI notified their counselors of this change. However, you may also want to talk to your current counselor to find out if they are a Kepro provider.
- If the counselor is already a Kepro provider you may begin scheduling your sessions to occur on/after January 1stwith the same counselor.
- If the counselor is not yet part of Kepro’s network, the counselor may work with Kepro to become a Kepro provider so you may continue your sessions with the same counselor. If your counselor does not become a Kepro provider or if you would like to see a different counselor, you should contact Kepro for assistance.
Privacy is strictly protected within legal limits. Information about your contact with the EAP will not be released without your prior consent except in cases of imminent threat of harm or when abuse of a child or vulnerable adult may be occurring.
You may not need assistance now, but if you or a household member needs help in the future, Kepro will be available to help. For additional information, go to the UW System EAP webpage.