GREEN BAY – University of Wisconsin-Green Bay will host the 17th annual University of Wisconsin System Symposium for Undergraduate Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity (URSCA) on Thursday, April 19, 2018 and Friday, April 20. More than 400 young professionals and mentors from 16 UW schools will participate. Events are open to media.
This annual two-day event, which rotates between UW System campuses, allows undergraduate students to join their peers from other campuses for an opportunity to share research projects to a statewide audience. There will be 47 oral presentations, five visual arts and 188 poster presentations. The research presentations are free and open to the public.
Students within all academic disciplines from UW-Green Bay, UW-Eau Claire, UW-Fox Valley, UW-Lacrosse, UW-Manitowoc, UW-Marshfield/Wood County, UW-Milwaukee, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Parkside, UW-Platteville, UW-River Falls, UW-Sheboygan, UW-Stevens Point, UW-Superior, UW-Washington County and UW-Whitewater will present on a wide variety of topics. Demonstrations include research poster presentations, oral presentations, gallery exhibits and artistic performances.
The two-day event opens on Thursday, April 19 with Lambeau Field tours for participants. These participant-only events include:
- 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Registration/Check-in at the Hyatt Regency, Downtown Green Bay
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Lambeau Field Tours and Titletown District at Lambeau Field
- 4:30 – 4:45 p.m. – Packers Welcome in the Lambeau Field Atrium
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Mixer (Hors d’ oeuvres will be available) at the KI Center, Downtown Green Bay
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Welcome and Keynote Speaker, Nicholas Carr (collaborative event with UntitledTown) at the KI Center
The event picks up again on Friday, April 20 from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the University Union, UW-Green Bay. The following is a schedule of presentation sessions that are open to the public:
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Poster Session #1
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Concurrent Session #1
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Poster Session #2
- 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Concurrent Session #2
A detailed schedule of events is available, here.
About the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs to 7,158 students. The University transforms lives and communities through exceptional and award-winning teaching and research, innovative learning opportunities, and a problem-solving approach to education. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.