In a news release and a memorandum to leaders and the campus community, UW-Green Bay Chancellor Gary L. Miller announced his departure today. After five years at the helm, he is leaving at the end of September to assume the role of president at the University of Akron.
“It has been a great joy and a deep honor for me to have been Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay,” Miller noted. “This is an exceptional university with great students, faculty, staff and a very bright future. The team at UW-Green Bay is the best I’ve worked with in my career. They are creative and fully committed to this University. The leadership team has a clear vision for the institution and knows how to get there. I wish everyone the very, very best. Green Bay and Wisconsin will always be close to my heart.”
- UW-Green Bay News release
- Remarks by UW System President Ray Cross
- Chancellor Miller’s memorandum to the University community
- News from the Akron Beacon Journal
- News from the Green Bay Press-Gazette