UW-Green Bay Interim Chancellor Sheryl Van Gruensven addresses the UW-Green Bay community (March 14, 2020) regarding this unprecedented time for the University and the world. Updates regarding the University’s response to COVID-19 can be found, here.
- This is an unprecedented time for our university and our world. We know there is great uncertainty regarding what lies ahead.
- We want to assure everyone that UW-Green Bay is taking action in an abundance of caution to protect your health and safety of as well as to participate in our nation’s call for containment of COVID-19.
- We must be a part of the solution. Thank you for taking this seriously and doing the right thing by following the containment guidance you have been given.
- We understand this is disruptive and stressful for students. Please don’t drop your classes. Education will continue but will look different for the time being. Know that we are here to support you.
- UW-Green Bay will continue to rise during this challenging time and meet our new reality head-on. The days ahead require creativity, problem solving, tenacity and resilience—all the things UW-Green Bay has stood for over the years and that are built into our collective DNA. This is who we are.
- We are all being asked to be innovative and responsive to the circumstances we face. We will do so while continuing to meet our mission of access and providing the highest quality instruction possible.
- You have my promise: We will continue to keep you informed. And we will always keep the best interests of our students, faculty and staff a priority in the decisions we make.
- In the days ahead…Stay safe. Stay informed. Take care of each other. And please do your part to contain this virus. We are all in this together: What each of us does matters. Our world and communities are counting on us.
Video by Sue Pischke and Dan Moore, UW-Green Bay Marketing and University Communication