Prof. Meir Russ of the Cofrin School of Business published the paper entitled “The probable foundations of Sustainabilism: Information, energy and entropy based definition of capital, Homo Sustainabiliticus and the need for a ‘new gold’.” in the October, 2016 issue of Ecological Economics, 130, pp. 328-338.
The paper proposes —
- To see the economy as a natural extension of an evolutionary information processing mechanism
- That different forms of capital are defined by using information, energy and entropy
- A new model of humans: Homo Sustainabiliticus
- A new monetary system, including a new currency: “new gold” based on renewable energy and shared knowledge
- A new model of economy: Sustainabilism.