The Marketplace opened today, with all-you-can-eat-option
UW‑Green Bay’s brand-new all-you-can-eat dining venue, The Marketplace, opened inside Leona Cloud Commons, today (Sept. 1, 2016.) The Marketplace is the primary dining location for students on meal plans. Faculty and staff are also welcome! As an all-you-can-eat venue, customers will pay a fixed price to enter the area based on the time of day and meal being served. Prices for the various meals are:
- Breakfast – $6.25 (cash/credit + sales tax) or $5.75 (Dining Points, Pass Points* or FAST Points*)
- Lunch – $6.75 (cash/credit + sales tax) or $6.25 (Dining Points, Pass Points* or FAST Points*)
- Dinner – $7.25 (cash/credit + sales tax) or $6.75 (Dining Points, Pass Points* or FAST Points*)
*Faculty and Staff using Pass Points or FAST Points will be charged sales tax
- Breakfast is offered until 10 a.m.
- Lunch is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dinner is from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Weekend hours: The Marketplace is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (A brunch option will be available).
Note: Customers of The Marketplace are encouraged to take all they can eat but try to eat all they take. Absolutely no take-outs available.
Coming soon: Faculty and Staff (FAST) Dining Plans (and payroll deduction)
Coming very soon, faculty and staff of the University will be able to purchase “meal plans” tailored to meet the needs of its versatile workforce. In addition to cash, check, or credit at the University Ticketing and Information Center, staff will be provided the option to buy a meal plan using payroll deduction.
Purchase FAST 75 Block Plan, get $50 in FAST Points (and a mug)
There will be many options to choose from with best deal being the FAST 75 Block Plan. Within the FAST 75 Block Plan staff will receive 75 meals per semester plus $50 in FAST Points (Faculty and Staff Points). The cost of this plan is $475.00 but Chartwells, our on-campus dining partner, is offering to cover the cost of the $50 in FAST Points bringing this “Fall Special Only” down to $425.00. Plus, purchasers of this plan get a free mug.
Free mug, includes free refills of coffee and fountain soda
All staff purchasing the FAST 75 Block Plan will receive a free reusable mug. Included with this mug are free (not kidding here) refills of regular coffee and fountain soda beverages at all retail locations on campus (where coffee and fountain beverages are offered).
New dining retail locations coming soon
Chartwells, UWGB’s on-campus dining partner, has invested heavily into the dining operations on campus. That investment includes remodeling the Garden Café (Cofrin Library First Floor) and the Phoenix Club Food Court (University Union First Floor).
- The Garden Café is under a complete transformation and is scheduled to open the first week in October. Within this venue, customers will be greeted with new concepts including Outtakes, Mondos, and Create!
- The Phoenix Club Food Court will become home to Rustic Range and a student choice concept called Zatar. Zatar was selected by students with more than 1,800 votes cast among nine different choices. This operation is scheduled to open the week of September 19-23.
The block plans can be used to purchase food at other retails venues. More details on these exciting new retail venues will be shared in future announcements.
Dining changes means culture changes
The changes may take some getting used to. The biggest change is in The Marketplace where all customers must either use their meal/dining plan or pay the cash/credit/point price for the meal to enter the dining room. This is a very common practice at other campuses with all-you-can-eat dining venues. UW‑Green Bay has many other places to dine including the Common Grounds Coffeehouse, Phoenix Club, Garden Café, MAC Hall Coffee Cart, Rosewood Café, and Shorewood Golf Course.
Questions and feedback is welcome
Questions and feedback on the new University dining services are always welcome. Fill out the form at http://www.uwgb.edu/union/contact/ or contact Rick Warpinski, Director-University Union, at 920.465.2090 or email@example.com.